Fresh Seafood and Steaks

Prepared either sauteed in a lemon white wine butter sauce or try it beer battered. We are sure you this dish will quickly become one of your favorites. 

Every Thursday the Tavern serves Fresh Local Lake Erie Beer Battered Perch Dinners. This dinner comes with salad, starch and house vegetable.

Welcome!

Lobster Fest

Fresh Local Lake Erie Walleye 

Offered the first full weekend of every month is our LobsterFest. The Tavern at Twin Lakes will have Lobster themed specials all weekend long. Also served is our famous lobster bisque.

House Specialties

Tavern at Twin Lakes

Situated between two spring fed lakes, Tavern at Twin Lakes affords splendid views of these bodies of water which were formed when the great glacier moved across two-thirds of Ohio some 25,000 years ago. This land remained ice-covered for about 6,000 years. 


Tavern owner Richard Gressard's great grandparents, Frank A. Merrill and Ida Haymaker Merrill, owned the two lakes and the adjacent golf course land until 1920, when it was sold and development took over. The twin lakes home of Frank Merrill played a very large role in the establishing of what is now Kent State University. In 1910, a governor's commission came into Kent and Ravenna area looking for a site on which to construct a normal school. The commission was scheduled to inspect sites in both Kent and Ravenna.

The members never got to Ravenna for the following reason: A group of Kent community leaders were served a gourmet feast consisting of platters of freshly-caught Twin Lakes blue gill, fried chicken, and many side dishes. Plus, quite a few pitchers of hard cider were consumed by the group on the Merrill's spacious back porch.

After the repast, the Kent committee convinced the commission that Kent was the best choice and consequently, Kent became the Normal School site. Richard's great grandfather, Frank A. Merrill, who served as Superintendent of Ravenna Schools, was made a member and treasurer of the Normal School's first board of trustees. The first building on the new campus was named Merrill Hall. Frank died in 1916.

Fresh Local Lake Erie Perch